Setting up email for your Solatech Focus account
Solatech Focus allows users to choose how email is sent for their account. This knowledge base article provides instructions for setting up your account's email.
Decide which method will be used
- Click on Admin from the upper navigational bar
- Click on Account from the lower navigational bar
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to the section Email
- You will see three choices:
- Let Solatech Focus send email for you (all email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org ). If this option is selected, no further setup is required.
- Each user must select their own sending method (instructions for this selection are in a section below)
- All users will use the same SMTP account (Instructions for this selection are covered in a section below. If this method is selected, setup will be preformed prior to clicking the Save button).
- Once the selection has been made, click the Save button.
All users will use the same SMTP account - Instructions for setup
Note - this is not the preferred method.
If you use Office 365/Outlook.com; Gmail or AOL, you can click the SMTP presets button to automatically apply settings for those services. If you use an alternate provider, please check with them for instructions on setting up an SMTP account.
- In the sender e-mail address field, enter your email address. (example: email@example.com)
- Place a check mark next to SMTP server requires authentication.
- In the User Name field, enter your email address. (example: my firstname.lastname@example.org)
- In the Password field, enter your email password.
- Place a check mark in Server requires a TLS/SSL connection
- Place the radio button in Issue a STARTTLS command
- Use the Send Test Message button to test your settings
- You must use a different email address than the one used in setup to send the test email.
- A bar will appear to alert you that the email is being sent
- Once completed, you will receive notification in the bar that the test message has been sent.
- Press the Save button to save your email changes
Each user must select their own sending method - Instructions for setup
When this selection is made, each user must log into their account and perform setup. Setup is performed in the Admin section of each user account.
Each user has four options: Let Solatech Focus send email for you; Use my Gmail account; Use my Office 365 account; and Use an SMTP account.
- For Let Solatech Focus send email for you - no additional setup is required.
- For Use an SMTP account, setup will be the same as described above for account setup. .
- Instructions for Gmail and Office 365 are below
- Expand the Google Integration section
- Click the Sign in with Google button
- Enter your Google email and password
- On the next screen, press the Allow button
Office 365 integration
- You will be taken back to your Solatech Focus account
- The Google Integration section will have both Use My Google Calendar to create appointments and Allow my Gmail account to be used to send email checked.
- If you do not wish to use Google Calendar with Focus, you may deselect that box.
- In the email section, place the radio button next to Use my Gmail Account
- A test message can be sent. You must use a different email address than the one used in setup to send the test email.
- Press Apply to complete your email setup.
- Expand the Microsoft Integration section
- Click the Sign in with Microsoft button
- Enter your password for your Microsoft account
- Accept the Permissions by clicking the Accept button
- In the Email section, click Use My Office 365 account
- Send a test message to insure setup is correct
- Click the Apply button
- Solatech Focus
- Solatech DOS
Setting up email for your Solatech Focus User Account
Summary Solatech Focus allows users to setup the email address which will be used to send quote to customers. By default, emails sent will come from noreply@Solatech.com. Your Account Administrator will decide to either have all emails sent from one ...
How to Setup and use a Leica Disto X3 laser with your Solatech Focus system
Summary This article describes how to pair a Disto X3 laser to your Windows or iOS device. It also describes how to transmit those measurements into your Solatech Focus system. Instructions for Pairing Windows Turn on your X3 laser (Bluetooth is ...
Setting up Customer Email Templates
Summary Solatech allows users to set up personalized email templates that can be sent to customers from within the system. Templates to send to users (Sales Reps and Installers) can also be created. This knowledge base articles provide instructions ...
Setting up Process Reports and Email Templates
Summary Account Administrators can setup multiple versions of Process Reports that can be printed, previewed or emailed to customers or other users. This knowledge base article will describe how to setup and use process report templates Accessing and ...
How to setup and use Dispatch.me with a Solatech Focus Account
Summary Solatech Focus offers integration with Dispatch.me, a third party dispatching system. This knowledge base article will provide instructions on how to setup and use this feature. (Dispatch.me integration is an add-on feature for Solatech ...