Reviewing purchase orders before they can be sent
When sending purchase order electronically they
sometimes need to be reviewed before they can be sent. This happens when
the software determines there are issues or possible issues that should
be reviewed first.
select one or more purchase orders to send electronically the Send
Purchase Orders dialog will appear. This dialog will list each of the
selected purchase orders and for each will indicate an action to be
performed before any can be sent.
action that must be performed will vary depending on what is on each
purchase order. The actions and the steps to be taken are:
- This indicates that something on the one or more of the line items will cause potential issues with the vendor.
- The purchase order needs to be reviewed before it can be sent.
the Review button and then review each entry on the left side of the
Review dialog. Typical issues are when a line item does not have a
- Since most products ordered do have dimensions the sending process treats this as a potential issue.
- If the PO is incorrect then cancel the sending process, fix the PO and try again.
the PO is OK, for example the product being ordered does not have or
need dimensions you can simple indicate that the PO has been reviewed by
checking the I have reviewed this purchase order box on the lower left.
and then clicking the Approve button.
is similar to Must Review in that SalesPRO has found some odd
information and we recommend that the PO is reviewed before it's sent.
- However, you do not need to review or 'approve' the PO before it can be sent.
OK to Send
- This indicates that no issues were found and the PO can be sent without review.
- Although we recommend that Purchase Orders are ALWAYS reviewed before sending.
Unable to Send
- This indicates that there were one or more issues found and the PO cannot be sent - even if you review it.
would happen for example if you are sending to a vendor but have not
setup an OOP Vendor ID or account number. The following will also
prevent a PO from sending:
- It has Springs Window Fashions or Enlightened Style products that are missing a Product Code.
- It has Springs Window Fashions or Enlightened Style products that contain one more error messages.
It is strongly recommended that all purchase orders are reviewed for accuracy before they are sent.
How to send Purchase Orders to vendors from SalesPRO