How to create a new vendor and assign products to the new vendor
SalesPRO software gives users the ability to create
new vendors and assign products to those vendors. This is useful in
cases where you have different account numbers for one vendor, and will
allow you to continue to utilize Online Order Processing (OOP). This
article will describe the setup and usage of that feature.
Creating the new vendor
- Begin on the Home tab in SalesPRO
- Click on the Vendors icon
you will be sending orders to this vendor via Online Order Processing,
double click on the original vendor record in order to view the OOP ID assigned. For this example, we will use the Vendor Hunter Douglas
- On the Edit Vendor window, click on the Details tab
- Look at the section Order Processing. Make of note of whether or not the field Split purchase orders by product is checked. Also make a note of the text in the field OOP ID. You will need both later.
- Press OK or Cancel to exit the Edit Vendor window.
- From the vendor ribbon, click on Create
the New Vendor window, enter information for the new vendor. The only
required field is vendor name (note - the new vendor name must be
different from the original vendor name).
- For this example, we'll call our new Hunter Douglas vendor "Hunter Douglas South"
- Click on the Details tab
- In the Account number field, enter your account number with the vendor
- In the Order Processing
field area, either place a check mark in the field "Split purchase
orders by product" or leave it unchecked. (based upon the data noted
from the original vendor)
- Place a check mark to the left of Process orders electronically
- Enter the OOP ID recorded earlier .
- Press OK.
Assigning products to the new vendor
- Click once on the new vendor to select (In this case Hunter Douglas South)
- On the Vendor ribbon, click on the top portion of the icon Assign Products
- On the Assign Products window, use the drop down menu in the left hand column and select the original vendor (Hunter Douglas)
- If all of the products should also be assigned to the new vendor, click the Add All button
may also select to add only selected products by clicking on the
product(s) in the left hand column to highlight them and pressing Add
- For this example, we will add all
- Press OK to save and exit.
Using the new vendor to create a quote
Now that the vendor has been setup and the products assigned, it's time to see how your sales reps will use these products
- In Order Entry, you will see both vendors in Edit Product Item
- Select the correct vendor (the one using the correct account number for your quote)
- Continue your quote as normal.
- Pricing will be the same regardless of which vendor is chosen. This is based upon your cost factor and margin setup.
How to assign a vendor for custom products in SalesPRO
Summary Custom products provided by Solatech are assigned by default to the vendor Custom. This article will include instructions for assigning products to a different vendor. Instructions From within SalesPRO, navigate to the Maintenance tab and ...
How to create a new vendor in SalesPRO
Summary This article will describe how to create a new vendor in the Solatech SalesPRO software Instructions From the Home tab, click on the Vendors icon. On the Vendor ribbon, select the Create icon. Enter Vendor Name. All other items on the General ...
How to assign products to your accounts
Summary When a new product is added to Solatech Focus, the site administrator will receive an email from product development. If this product is one which your accounts will sell, it will need to be assigned to the account in order for each account ...
How to Create a New Product
Summary This article details how to create a new product database. Basic knowledge of database principles is required. The use of Product Designer is required. This article describes how to create a retail product. Creation of a fabricated product is ...
Working with Vendor Discounts
Summary This article describes how to update and add vendor discounts in Solatech Focus. Solatech does not maintain vendor discounts after initial setup. More Information During the initial setup of your Focus account a discount file was created and ...